8.09.2010

Shotgun Meme



Finally!!! I get to show off my love for the sometimes essential and sometimes gratuitous shotgun! A staple of the "too cool for school" genre, the shotgun is the weapon of choice for any badass. Aaron from The Death Rattle has just tagged me in a "meme" thingamajig. I still don't really know what a meme is, but it gives me an excuse to create a post full of badass images of shotguns in action. Apparently, the purpose of the meme was to put together screen grabs following a certain theme. Aaron's post had a screaming theme and it rocked. So check it out. After the wonderful succession of shotty action, you will find five other bloggers tagged.
































5 other bloggers that I dare to be cooler than this post:
atomicfox from AtomicFox
Chris from Horror Dose
The Warfreak from Olympic Artichoke
Sarah from Scare Sarah




15 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love that you had The Convent on there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I toyed around with the idea of a Flamethrower Meme, but I don't have enough screenshots to do that. Same with exploding heads. Thanks for playing along, Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, well I gladly take up your dare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All but one of these pictures is a shotgun. First one to figure out the mystery gets free candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well congrats on completing you first meme, which looks way more fun than the one I had to do. Glad to see Near Dark got representation in there and your pic selections are going to be hard to beat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ anonymous -- NOTLD: rifle not shotgun

    ReplyDelete
  7. @anonymous: Hmmm. I'm 99% sure they are all shotguns. There are one or two that are rifles outfitted with combat shotguns as well (i.e. the pic of Billy in Predator).

    @The Floating Red Couch:NOTLD is an Ithaca 37 12 gauge. There aren't too many pump action rifles that aren't shotguns...unless they are air guns. http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Night_of_the_Living_Dead_(1968)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like a girl that knows her guns ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got to give Robert Rodriguez credit - that is one economic way to use a weapon and a cross to defeat your enemy in From Dust Till Dawn. Great film. Great performance from Keitel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. None of them are guns, they're just pleased to see me?

    I took up your challenge! http://www.scaresarah.com/2010/08/hello-hello-hello-hello-hello-hello.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dude, THE CONVENT and DEAD END?? Youre my hero Becksmeister, thats more shotguns than you can shake a boomstick at!!

    Im all sorts of not having any screenshot capabilities, so I havent been able to join in on the fun, but I have been enjoying the hell out of everyone elses posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha Carl. Those two are some of my favorite ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't beat this! Damn. I have to think of something awesome haha I need some time. Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete